2023 MEETING SCHEDULE
- Come share your tasty Belgian beers.
- Fermenting under pressure.
- English IPA (BJCP Category 12C)**
- English IPA is the first of our four HBOY competition months!
- Competitions: How to enter and improve your chances.
- Breakfast Cereal Beer
- Brew a beer using breakfast cereal as an ingredient!
- Belgian Dubbel. This style is the HBOY styel for May, so we'll have a presentation on the style.
- Bonus... Elections!
- American Premium Pilsner
- This was a highly requested style that should be nice to drink as summer approaches.
- Different yeast/fermentation types: lager vs ale vs hybrid vs kviek.
- Belgian Dubbel (BJCP Category 26B)**
- This is the second of our four HBOY competition months!
- Electric Brewing
- It's Kolsch! Let's all enjoy that tasty German hybrid beer from Koln!
- Mexican Lager. Mexican Lager will be the HBOY style for August, so we'll have a presentation on it this month.
- Anything fermentable besides beer
- The theme for June is other fermentables. Have a wine you want to share? A mead? Sauerkraut? Cider? If you fermented it and it's not beer, please share it!
- Oxidation. How it presents and how to prevent.
- Mexican Lager (No BJCP Category)
- Our third HBOY style is Mexican Lager.
- Yeast Handling (starters, harvesting, rinsing, washing, reuse, etc...)
- Yeast Experiment
- Club brewers will all brew the same beer with the only differential being the yeast selected.
- Bock. Bock will be the HBOY style for November, so we'll have a presentation on it this month.
- Rye Beers
- Please share anything you've brewed with Rye, be it a traditional roggenbier or a RyePA.
- Brewery lab discussion: What does everyone use in their breweries (hydrometers, refractometers, PH meters, etc...)?
- Bock (BJCP Category 5B)**
- Our final HBOY competition month! At the end of this month, we'll be able to crown the 2023 HBOY. Good luck!
- Brewfather vs Beersmith : The two major brewing software options compared and discussed.
- Stouts and Porters
- Let's close out the cold SoCal December with some tasty dark beers.
- HBOY style for Februrary 2024